Saturday, December 20, 2008

A little dose of reality...

I'm not sure where I really want to go with this post. I just had some random thoughts this week that got me thinking. Until Wednesday, our Christmas tree had no presents under it and every time I looked at it, it just looked empty and unfinished to me. After I put a few presents under it, I instantly felt better. And then it hit me. There are so many families that won't have any presents under their tree this year, period. Carly's preschool had a family they adopted and a list was sent home of things they needed. The list had items like diapers in two different sizes, laundry detergent, soap, toilet paper, clothing in three different sizes, and the last two things were new or gently used toys and books. A Christmas list where things most people consider necessities- things that we just run in and out of a store and pick up without thinking twice- are at the top of the list.

No comments: