Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The silver lining..



Things have been pretty hectic around here lately. I'm struggling with the girls' naptime (a much needed break for all of us). Either Taylor falls asleep first and then Carly throws a tantrum when it's time for her to lay down and wakes her up, or Carly falls asleep first but Taylor cries and wakes her up before she really needs to be. So, mommy-time has not existed for a few days and it's put me in a rut. Today I want to point out the positive in hopes of perking me up a little. :)




It's cold this morning. I'm so excited because a friend gave me a monogrammed scarf I've been dying to wear. Carly went to school dressed in her new hat and mittens Gran and PopPop bought her for Christmas. (This pic is before her coat was on. Don't worry, I didn't send her to school like that. :) )


Taylor got her chance to wear her new hat when we got out to go to Walmart. I was afraid it would bother her and she'd cry. Does she look bothered to you??
You can't see them, but Taylor is wearing jeans today. I think she looks so cute in jeans! Right now she's jumping in her horse jumperoo and talking baby talk to....I think the leg?? She's so happy in there!
On Saturday, we're having a much needed date night with two other couples with babies. We're leaving the kids at home and eating at Cheesecake Factory (YUM!!) and then playing at ESPN Zone for awhile (Chuck E. Cheese for grownups! :) )
So, I may add more later, but so far these things have just made me feel really happy today. :)

No comments: