Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pancakes and Tears...

Andrew and Carly have a tradition...they love to make pancakes together for dinner. I need to get a picture of them next time b/c I love to watch them together. Last time we had them, Carly surprised us when we sat down. She has a prayer she says at lunch at school. Up until that night, she would say it with us....this time she wanted to say it by herself. It's not an easy one either...it took Andrew and I as long to learn it as it took Carly.


"For all thy foods and gifts of love, we give thee thanks and praise.
Look down, O Father, from above,
And bless us all our days.
Amen"
(Quite a prayer for a 2-year old class, huh?) So, when she said it in her cute little almost-three year old voice, I cried...and couldn't stop. And now it's my favorite time of day when she says the prayer for us at dinner. She's learned the Pledge of Allegiance too! (but we don't say that before we eat. :) )

No comments: