Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ironies of being a parent...

So, lately I've been having all of these thoughts that are so ironic. I've been wishing away the sleepless nights, wondering when Taylor will get her first tooth, and when she will crawl but at the same time feeling sad that she has already grown so much so fast. I look at Taylor and get excited about her growing and finding out what her personality will be like but look at Carly and wonder how my baby is suddenly a 3 year old that gets her own snack, wants to brush her own hair, and likes to play the wii. (well at least pretend to drive while Daddy plays MarioKart.)



Andrew surprised me by coming home one day and saying he's sure he wants to stop at 2 kids. I posted before about how I was more sure than him about wanting to stick with our 2 girls. And I surprised myself by feeling a little sad when he said it.



I first heard this song when I was pregnant with Carly, and it had me in tears even then. (NOT because I felt like I was giving up my life for our baby, but because of the growing up part. :) )

Watch more When the Sun Goes Down videos on AOL Video







And this one more recently.


Watch more AOL Music videos on AOL Video





I read in Parent magazine not too long ago about a mom that said we get so caught up in wishing our children were more independent and feeling sad about how fast they grow that we miss out on what's going on now. I am trying my best to remember this. Hey, we can sleep when we're dead, right? :)

No comments: