Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So Amazing!

We're reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan in our Sunday School class right now. Every week has been a different chapter and I especially loved this past week's. The chapter was named the same as the title of the book and described how much God loves, so much that we can't even imagine it and can only describe it as "crazy". Part of our lesson used one of my favorite verses:

Jeremiah 1:5- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."

This verse applies to so much in life. If you feel insignificant, if you are discouraged about your future (or even your present), if you are facing a hard decision about having a baby, etc.

When Carly was a cheerleader at the beginning of the year, she was very shy. She loved practicing at home but was afraid of standing with the other girls. Every week someone was given a Spirit Stick for showing the most spirit. The coach gave it to Carly, wanting to encourage her, and it worked! She had so much confidence after that.

Someone in our class compared the coach giving the Spirit Stick to Carly to God giving us the Bible. It has all the encouragement we need for whatever we face, so study it and go to it when you need a pick-me-up.

The last thing I wanted to share is a quote a friend sent me:
"When a person can come to the place in life where they can say with absolute unwavering conviction, "yes, but my God is in control", there is an awesome sense of strength and assurance that will fill the heart to overflow with an indescribable joy and peace. No matter what the challenges we face in life, this peace can remain."

No comments: